Submitted by: mfleming2977
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 table spoons of bacon grease
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 3 tablespoons paprika
* 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
* 1 cup water
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Heat bacon grease in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and paprika. Stir together and saute until onion is translucent. Add chicken pieces and pour water over all. Cook over medium heat for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
Stir liquid into a medium bowl with flour and sour cream; mix until well blended, then slowly add mixture to chicken, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is thick.
Serve over rice. This recipe is usually served with dumplings but I like mine over rice.