Monday, December 29, 2008
2 cup(s) cooked split peas
1 cup(s) cooked celery
1 cup(s) cooked carrots
2 cup(s) cooked ham
12 oz cooked split peas
1/2 cup(s) onion(s)
1 tsp McCormick Whole bay leaves
6 cup(s) hot water
2 clove(s) garlic clove(s)
InstructionsLayer ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed. Except Ham goes after spit peas Pour in water. Do not stir! Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until peas are very soft and ham falls off bone. Remove bones and bay leaf. Serve!
2 breast(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cup(s) salsa
1/2 cup(s) Kraft Shredded 2% milk reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese with added calcium
2 serving(s) Organic Brown Rice (Trader Joe's)
InstructionsCombine Salsa and Chicken in Crock Pot and Bake on Low for 8-10 hours. Put Cheese on top of Chicken in last 5 minutes. Serve over brown rice.
1/3 cup oil
2 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
3 green onions chopped
black pepper to taste
packet from chicken flavored ramean noodles
bag of prepackaged slaw
small pack almonds
sunflower seeds (I use a lot cause I like them)
Mix all together well
At very last minute mix in very well crunched ramean noodles
I double this recipes cause it goes FAST!
1 (10-ounce) packages chopped frozen spinach
1/4 stick butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 quart milk
Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Salt and pepper
3 cups ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 packages large fresh ravioli cheese, wild mushroom or spinach stuffed varieties
2 (15-ounce) cans artichoke hearts in water, drained and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
Place oven rack in middle of oven and preheat broiler or oven to 425 degrees F.
Defrost the spinach in the microwave for 10 minutes on high.
While spinach defrosts, heat a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Cut butter into small pieces and melt. Whisk in flour and cook a minute or 2 then whisk in milk. Bring sauce to a bubble, as it begins to thicken, drop heat to low and season it with nutmeg, salt and pepper, to your taste.
Combine ricotta cheese, a little salt and pepper, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl.
Cook pasta to al dente, 5 to 6 minutes in salted water.
Remove spinach from the microwave and wring it completely dry in a kitchen towel. Open the towel and separate the spinach with your fingers. Pile up the sliced artichokes on your cutting board.
Drain pasta well. Ladle just enough white sauce in the bottom of a lasagna dish to lightly coat it. Top with 1/3 of the pasta. Top the pasta with a layer of half of the ricotta cheese dotted with half of the spinach and artichokes. Thinly cover the veggies with more white sauce then top liberally with grated cheese. Repeat these layers then top your lasagna with the remaining 1/3 of the cooked ravioli, the last of the white sauce and some grated cheese.
Place under hot broiler or into a preheated 425 degree F oven until sauce browns and bubbles, 3 minutes.
Equal amounts each of:
Jarlsburg Swiss cheese, sweet onion (more or less to taste) and mayonaise.
Preheat oven to 350. Shred cheese. Thinly slice and dice onion and add mayo. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Place mixture in an oven-proof dish ( 1 to 1.5" deep) and bake in oven for 30-45 min until brown and bubbly. Serve warm with bread or crackers! YUMMY!
2 lb bag of frozen (unseasoned, fully-cooked) meatballs
1 jar Prego Pasta sauce (any flavor)
Combine both items in your slow cooker and cook on high for about an hour. I make this all the time and my friends rave about these "balls."
Another easy variation...instead of pasta sauce, use 1 or 2 cans of beer. The meatballs come out super moist and very yummy. It's almost too easy.
1 package cream cheese (softened)
2 T. milk
1/2 c. walnuts (chopped to as fine as you prefer)
1/4 c. pitted olives - finely chopped (Spanish ones with pimiento are fine too)
2 T. milk or heavy cream
Salt to taste
**Stir cc with milk until well blended. Stir in walnuts and olives. Add salt to taste. Granish with walnuts and/or olives. Serve with crackers.
8oz Cream Cheese
8oz Sour Cream
Red and Green Bell Peppers (chopped into small cubes)
Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
Taco CheeseBag (or 2!) of Scoops
1. Cream together cream cheese and sour cream.2. Spread across 9x12 casserole dish (my friend as used pizza pans too)3. Sprinkle on taco seasoning (as much or little as you like)4. Sprinkle on chopped peppers then lettuce.5. Cover with Taco cheese and enjoy yummmmmm
Ingredients: Flour tortillas
1-2 blocks of cream cheeseblack,
medium cangreen chiles, chopped- medium can
1) Spread Cream cheese over tortillas2) Sprinkle olives and green chili's over the top3) Roll the tortilla in a long roll4) Cut in 1" sections5) Serve with salsa or guacamole***Great thing about these is you can your own ingredients if you wish. I like to add tomatoes
10oz pkg chopped frozen broccoli thawed
1/2 stick margarine
1 small onion chopped
can mushroom soup
1 c dry rice (minute variety)
8oz Velveeta Cheese
Sautee onion and butter until brown. Put broccoli, soup, and rice in casserole dish. Add onions and butter.and mix. Break up velveeta and evenly disperse around. Mix. Bake at 375 for 1/2 an hour. It is a hit everywhere we bring it!
16 oz cooked macaroni (I've also used other noodles)
1 stick butter
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can evaporated milk
1 C milk
1 egg (beaten)
4 C shredded cheese divided (I use cheddar)
Paprika for garnishing
Spray crock with cooking spray.Add macaroni and butter.In seperate bowl mix together soup, milks, egg and 3 C cheese.Pour soup mixture over macaroni and mix.Cook on low for 4 hours.Add remaining 1 C cheese and cook for 15 minutes more.Sprinkle paprika on top before serving.
I gave this recipe out Christmas eve I think...but it was a huge hit at my families Christmas and IL's so I thought I'd share again...
2 bricks of cream cheese
1 can crab
2 jars of cocktail sauce
box of Ritz crackers
Let cream cheese soften, mix in crab, form a ball, pour cocktail sauce over ball, serve with Ritz crackers.
Seriously the easiest thing to make, cheap and delicious. Even my 86 year old great uncle likes it.
It is a breakfast casserole but my co-workers request it for all things pot luck.
2 pkg frozen O'Brien Potatoes (Hash Browns with onions and peppers added)
8 oz. pkg of cream cheese3 cups shredded chedder cheese (divided into 2 cups and one cup)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 medium chopped onion
1/2 cup of melted butter
Preheat oven to 375Defrost potatoes until you can mix them (about 30 min). Melt cream cheese in heated soup. Combine all ingredients except one cup of cheese. Spoon into dish and top with melted butter. Bake about 1 hour and then top with cheese and heat until melted. Fits 9 by 12 dish.
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons minced onion
1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
3/4 cup chili sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, water, bread crumbs, and minced onion. Roll into small meatballs.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once.
In a slow cooker or large saucepan over low heat, blend the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Add meatballs, and simmer for 1 hour before serving.
1/2 c. light mayo
1/2 c. sour cream
1 minced garlic clove
handful of grated Parmesan cheese
14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 t. hot sauce (or more depending on your liking)
Mix ingredients together, put in baking dish and bake for 30 min. at 350 degrees. I suggest doubling this recipe if your taking it to parties. It's super easy and it was a huge hit!!
12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Makes 18 cookies
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Crisco (vegetable shortening)
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg together until well combined.
Dump in dry ingredients, stirring dry ingredients together lightly. Mix together until dough is combined.
Roll dough into walnut-sized balls, then generously coat each ball with sugar.
Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, allowing to bake for about a minute after cookies begin to crack.
Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool….though these are delicious while still warm.
1 - 18 ox jar of peanut butter
2 sticks butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powdered sugar
6oz choc chips
Mix butter, peanut butter until creamy, add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix well (use your hands!). Roll into balls and chill in freezer for 30 min. Melt choc chips either in a double boiler, or in a glass bowl in the microwave. Dip balls using toothpicks and set on wax paper until set.
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY'S KISSES WITH ALMONDS Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE(recipe follows)
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add flour to butter mixture; blend until smooth. Stir in small chocolate chips. Mold scant tablespoon dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely. Shape into balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE; drizzle over each cookie. About 4 dozen cookies.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Place 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate and 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
Step 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg; set aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together to form a grainy paste.
Step 4: Add eggnog, vanilla extract, and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
Step 5: Gradually add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
Step 6: Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with nutmeg.
Step 7: Bake 23-25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooling surface.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
3 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground flax seeds (just grind them in a food processor or blender)
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup butter or margarinePreheat oven to 400. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, stir together the flax seeds and water. Add margarine and flax mixture to flour and stir until well blended. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture before placing on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 mins.
Melt: 1 cup chocolate chips & 1 cup butterscotch chips
When melted stir in: 1 cup salted Peanuts & 1 cup of chinese noodles (those dry kind)
Drop tablespoon size of the mix onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper & put in fridge till hard. Keep in fridge to store.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup colored sugar for decoration
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Cover dough, and chill for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges of cookies are light brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.
- With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.
- Dip balls and coat thoroughly.
- With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off.
- Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.
- Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
Monday, December 15, 2008
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 13 strips, about 3/4 by 10-inches apiece.
In a shallow dish, combine cheese, basil, and garlic. Brush pastry sticks with melted butter. Roll pastry in cheese mixture, lightly coating each side. Gently twist pastry sticks, and place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 1 pakage puff pastry cups (in freezer section)
- 1 wheel of brie or goat cheese or other soff cheese
- 1 jar raspberry perserves (you could prob use any sweet kind)
Cut brie into little chunks and place in cups. Bake on 400 until cheese is well melted (about 10 minutes). Take out and put a dollup of preserves in each cup on top of cheese. Serve hot. Enjoy!
1 lb of hamburger
1 lb of saugsage
1 lb of velveeta
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese
1 can of chopped green chilis
1 can of cream of celery (or mushroom etc) condensed soup
Cook sausage and hamburger and drain.
Combine all ingredients in the crockpot.
Cook on high for 1-2 hours
Eat with chips!
2 (10 oz) Pkgs Frozen Chopped Spinach (Thawed)
2 Cups Herb Stuffing Mix
1 Large Onion Finely Chopped
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Butter
Salt/Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingerdients and blend well. Roll mixture into walnut sized balls and place on baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold. Can be frozen and microwaved later.
Love the idea of keeping a blog for this!
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8oz)
- 1 jar (14oz) pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can (6oz) sliced black olives
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- corn chips
Press cream cheese in bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate. Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese and layer remaining ingredients in the order listed. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Serve with corn chips or your favorite crackers.
Serves 8 to 10.
2.5 lbs Russet potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup vegetable broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon tomato paste
fresh ground black pepper
chopped fresh parsley or dried oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. Peel potatoes, slice in half lengthwise, and slice each half into wedges no more than 3/4-inch thick.
In a large, deep baking pan or casserole dish (at least 10x17 or bigger), combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, veg. broth, oregano, salt, and tomato paste. Add the peeled, sliced potatoes. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and toss the potatoes to cover with the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with foil (or use lid of casserole dish), place in the oven, bake for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are almost done. Several times during the baking process, remove the pan from the oven, uncover, stir the potatoes, place the cover back, and return the pan to the oven.
Uncover the pan one last time, stir the potatoes again, and bake, uncovered, for an additional 15-20 minutes, until most of the sauce has evaporated and some of the potatoes have just started to brown on their edges. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or oregano before serving if you like.
Recipe from Veganomicon cookbook.
1 can refried beans
1 container prepared guacamole dip
8oz sour cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce, tomato, black olives, whatever else you want to top it with.
Layer Refried beans, gaucamole dip, sourcream in that order in a 9X13 or jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and then top as desired with taco fixings.
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips.
I use my crock pot
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and torn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
1 block cream cheese
1 package ranch dressing mix(the dry kind)
1 8 oz package of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup white cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 can artichoke hearts (optional) finely diced.
mix all together and microwave on high until bubbly and warm in the middle.
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 medium onion, diced
1 46-ounce bottle or can tomato juice
2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 to 3 tablespoons chicken base
3 to 6 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt
1 cup cooking sherry
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
chopped fresh parsley
chopped fresh basil
Saute diced onions in butter until transluscent. Add canned tomatoes. Add tomato juice, sugar, pinch of salt, and black pepper and stir. Bring to a near boil, then turn off heat. Add in sherry and cream and stir. Add in parsley and basil to taste, adjust other seasoning, and serve with yummy, crusty bread on a cold, blustery, dreary, depressing, rainy, snowy day. Then close your eyes. And give thanks for soups like this.
Courtesy of the Pioneer Woman
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 stick real butter
1 pkg of crab - chopped (real or imitation...imitation works fine for me)
Combine all ingredients into sauce pan or small crock pot. Heat slowly until all cr.cheese and butter are melted and all is warmed through. Serve w/crackers, pita chips or whatever you like! YUMMMM!
*This recipe can easily be doubled! If you like crab, then trust me, you'll want too!!!!! Enjoy!